Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Getting Started

Starting a blog is not the easiest thing in the world. I'm probably like most people in that I want everything to be perfect right away - however, it will probably take me a while to figure out the technical aspects to get this blog looking the way I want it. Having that disclaimer out of the way, I'm excited to be sharing some thoughts about various local, regional and national issues as they present themselves. I am fascinated with politics & history (hence my background as a history major at the University of Kentucky) as well as theology & church history (hence my background as a seminarian at Lexington Theological Seminary), so there will numerous posts on here related to important political and religious issues.

Add to the mix that I am recently married to a wonderful woman whose ideological viewpoint is very different from my own, and whose spiritual journey has taken her some vastly different directions from the path that I have travelled. As we build a life together we are exploring new ways to express our love of Christ, and to examine how our diverse political views can yield common ground in ways which can benefit all of us.

Let the journey commence...

No comments:

Post a Comment